Filing my taxes

  • Updated

First and foremost, we are not able to give advice on filing taxes. We recommend that you reach out to a tax professional in your area if you have any questions. 

If you meet one of the two thresholds listed below, please visit our help guide about receiving your 1099-K form

  • You are a US creator and made $20,000 or more in the last calendar year on Patreon.
  • You live in Vermont or Massachusetts and earned $600 or more in the last calendar year.
If you are an international creator or a US creator who did not earn $20,000 or more last year, you will not receive a 1099-K. 

Consult a local tax professional to get assistance with any further questions regarding how to file taxes or report Patreon earnings.

You can find gross earnings on Patreon for the previous calendar year by downloading a CSV file from your Earnings page, or in the Tax Information section of your Payouts and taxes page.

Payouts and taxes page

Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

What went wrong?