So, you got your first patrons and we've processed their payments, now let's get you paid out!
Patreon processes payments on the 1st of every month. While every creator has a preferred workflow and income stream, we recommend waiting until the 5th of the month to pay out your balance – this will allow for any retries of declined patrons to get you the most earnings.
Deposits typically arrive within 1–5 business days, depending on your payout method. If it's taking longer, refer to this guide to get answers: Where is my Payout?
How to set up my payout method
First things first, let us know where to transfer your funds!
- Log in to your Patreon creator page on Desktop or mobile web
- Click the Settings button on the left navigation side
- Click Payouts and taxes tab
- Click Add payout method and follow the prompts
callout An automatic 5-day payout lock is placed on your balance whenever you add or edit a payout method.
How to payout your balance
- Log in and click the Payouts button from your creator menu on the left-hand side
- Click the Withdraw button. If this button is greyed out and your current account balance is £0, please check your Patrons button to review patrons' membership history – depending on your chosen billing method, patrons may not have been charged yet
- Learn more about our three billing options for creators in this article: Billing my patrons
You can payout once every 24 hours. If you have automatic payouts turned on, this counts as one payout.
How to set up Auto Withdrawal
You can tell us to trigger your balance payout every month on your behalf with our Automatic transfer feature. Once enabled, automatic withdrawals occur on the 5th of each month.
- Log in to your creator account
- Click on Payouts from the menu list on the left-hand side
- Click the Edit button next to auto-withdrawal
- Click Turn on to enable auto-withdrawal
Now, we'll send any balance you have to your designated payout method every month.
With Automatic transfer, you can still manually transfer your balance from your payout preferences page. While you can payout your balance once every 24 hours, that doesn’t limit the number of payouts you can trigger in a month. Payout whenever you need to (every 24 hours)!
Any payout hold on your account will interfere with the automatic transfer process. If you add or edit your payout method within 5 days of the 5th of the month (i.e. the 1st), your balance payout lock will prevent our automatic transfer. Don’t worry! You can manually pay out once your payout lock expires.
Payments made with Sofort Direct Deposit are reflected in your Creator account balance until funds are available for withdrawal – typically 7 days.