We are working on adding additional currencies in the future. In this article, we will go over:
- Accepted payment methods
- Selecting your local currency during checkout
- Updating your existing pledge
- Frequently asked questions about supported currencies
Accepted payment methods
- Master Card
- Diners Club
Do you accept prepaid cards?
We currently do not accept prepaid Visa, Mastercard, or American Express Giftcards. Prepaid gift cards that do not accept international or subscription payments will not be accepted.
Selecting your local currency during checkout
To change your currency settings on a new pledge:
- At checkout, under the “summary” section, your Currency will display under the total payment amount.
- Click the “Change” button.
- Here, you’ll be given the option to select your choice of supported currency. Click the “Update” button and your payment amount will automatically update in the “summary.”
- Click the “Confirm” button to process your pledge.
Updating your existing pledge
- On Patreon.com, hover over your profile image in the top right of your screen to open the “user menu.”
- Click Manage memberships from the user menu list.
- Choose the creator you want to update your pledge for, and click the Edit button.
- Under Currency in the “summary” section of the page, click on the “Change” button.
- Click the “Update” button to save your settings and your payment amount will automatically update in the “summary.”
- Click the “Confirm” button to finalise your change.
Frequently asked questions
When you change currencies this will be updated upon your next billing and reflected in your next billing statement. If you upgrade or downgrade at the same time, any price differences will be calculated and displayed during checkout.
How does my currency affect the price displayed on Patreon?
When pledging to a creator who operates and sets prices in a currency other than your preferred currency, Patreon converts the tier price for you using a conversion based on historical exchange rate data. You can learn more about how we calculate the exchange rate here: How tiers are converted into other currencies
How currency works if you’re paying by credit or debit card.
Credit and debit card transactions on Patreon are currently accepted in our supported currencies. If you’re viewing the site in one these supported checkout currencies, the entire checkout process will be in that currency. Otherwise the currency displayed will be the creator’s currency.
How currency works if you’re paying with PayPal.
Similarly, if you pay through PayPal, and you’re viewing the site in one these supported checkout currencies, the entire checkout process will be in that currency. Otherwise the currency displayed will be the creator’s currency.