- Accepted payment methods
- Selecting your local currency during checkout
- Updating your existing pledge
- Supported currencies
Accepted payment methods
- Master Card
- Diners Club
Do you accept prepaid cards?
We do not currently accept prepaid cards.
Selecting your local currency during checkout
- Under the Summary section at checkout, your Currency will display under the total payment amount
- Click the Change button
- Here, you’ll have the option to select your choice of supported currency. Click the Update button, and your payment amount will automatically update in the Summary
- Click the Confirm button to process your pledge
Updating your existing pledge
- Click on the Settings link from the left sidebar navigation
- Then click on the Active memberships link from the submenu
- Choose the creator you want to update your pledge for, and click the Edit button
- Under Currency in the Summary section of the page, click on the Change button
- Click the Update button to save your settings, and your payment amount will automatically update in the Summary
- Click the Confirm button to finalise your change
Frequently asked questions
When do changes to currencies take effect?
Changes to currencies will be updated upon your next billing and reflected in your following billing statement. Any price differences are calculated and displayed during checkout if you upgrade or downgrade.
How does my currency affect the price displayed on Patreon?
When pledging to a creator who operates and sets prices in a currency other than your preferred currency, Patreon converts the tier price for you using a conversion based on historical exchange rate data. You can learn more about how we calculate the exchange rate here: How tiers are converted into other currencies.
How currency works if you’re paying by credit or debit card
Credit and debit card transactions on Patreon are currently accepted in our supported currencies. If you’re viewing the site in one of these supported checkout currencies, the entire checkout process will be in that currency. Otherwise, the currency displayed will be the creator’s currency.
How currency works if you’re paying with PayPal
Similarly, if you pay through PayPal and you’re viewing the site in one of these supported checkout currencies, the entire checkout process will be in that currency. Otherwise, the currency displayed will be the creator’s currency.