You can spice up the text portion of your posts by adding inline images. This article will guide you through:
Adding an Inline Image to a Post
- Click the Post button from your left navigation, and select New.
- Create a new post and click the post field to populate a camera icon.
- Add an image straight from your desktop, or grab a URL from where the images are hosted
- Click the confirm button and you're all set.
Tips for using links from popular image hosting sites
A note on Image links
Inline images can be hosted by a third-party site like Tumblr or Flickr. If you use Google Photos – please note that they expire their links after a certain timeframe: they may work for a while, but they won't work long-term.
We use embed.ly for all embedded images. You can Test your URL to ensure that your image will post. Add your URL and click the arrow link on the right. If you find an error in the “type” field, your image URL will not post properly, and you’ll want to make sure you have the correct link.
Using links from Tumblr?
If you're using photo links from Tumblr, here's how to upload them on Patreon:
- On Tumblr, right-click on your image and then "Copy Image Address".
- Insert that URL into the field that popped up when you click the camera icon for your post.
- Click the Confirm button and you'll notice your image populate.
Using links from Flickr?
Using Flickr? If you’re getting the message “Invalid Media” you can grab your URL and Test your link. Scroll down to where you find “URL” and copy the longer URL. Add this to the link field of your Post.