Patreon's charge upfront billing option is available to all monthly billing creators. If you currently charge per creation, you'll need to switch to monthly billing to have the option to enable charge upfront.
Before turning on charge upfront, please read through our article on what to expect when you enable charge upfront: How does charge upfront billing work?
Here's how to enable charge upfront:
- While logged in to your creator account, click on the Page button and then Edit page
- Then click on the Getting paid link
- If you haven’t already, select the monthly billing option.
- Depending on whether or not you have 2-factor authentication turned on, you'll have 1 of these 2 options:
> Check the option to Charge patrons upfront – you won't need to verify anything
> Check the Verify to enable charge upfront option. You'll enter a mobile phone number for SMS verification. Once verified, you'll have the ability to charge patrons upfront
- Click on the Save changes button