Now you can add a Google Analytics Tracking ID to your creator page to track statistics like page visits, referrals, and demographics, etc. Unlock insights today by linking your Google Analytics account with your Patreon page.
Where do I find my UA Tracking ID?
If you don’t yet have your Google Analytics account, you can easily set one up with these instructions:
- Visit Google Analytics to sign up for an account.
- In Step 2 of the set-up process, click the “Show advanced options” button and slide the toggle to also set up a UA Tracking ID (required to link with Patreon).
- Complete the New Account Setting page.
- The property name has to be unique and it cannot be used by other websites.
- Your website URL is https:// [Patreon page URL].
- For the industry category choose what matches or is close to what you create.
If you already have your Google Analytics account set up, you can find your UA Tracking ID with these steps:
- Go to Google Analytics and sign into your Google account.
- Select Admin on the bottom left corner.
- Click Tracking info in the Property column located in the centre.
- Click Tracking code, then you would find your Tracking ID, beginning with “UA.” If your Tracking ID begins with a “G”, please follow the instructions in this article: Set up Analytics for a website (Universal Analytics)
Add my UA Tracking ID to my page
Start tracking your Patreon page with five simple steps:
- While logged in, click the Page button from the creator menu.
- Click the Edit button.
- Click into the Page settings link from the menu.
- Scroll down to the Google Analytics ID card and enter your Tracking ID – this ID should begin with “UA.” If your ID begins with “G” please follow the instructions in this article: Set up Analytics for a website (Universal Analytics).
- Scroll to the top of your page editor and click the Save button.