This guide will help you make an image gallery post on desktop and mobile web. For help with creating an image gallery on the Patreon app, visit this guide: How to make an image gallery (Patreon app)
We’ll guide you through the following topics:
You’ll be sharing Image galleries in no time!
Posting an image gallery
Image gallery posts allow you to share collections of image work all in one go. To get started on your image gallery, follow these steps:
- While logged into your creator page, click on Posts > New
- Choose Images as your post type
- From here you can click the Upload button to upload images from your computer or click the Embed image URL button to embed images. You can create Image galleries using a combination of uploaded files, and embed image URLs
- You can rearrange the image order by dragging images to new positions after uploading
- Give your post a title (required) and add some written content (optional)
- Posting extras:
- Add any relevant tags
- Upload attachments
- Select who can see your post
- Charge patrons for the post if you charge per creation
- Add teaser text to show non-patrons
- Once you’re happy with it, you can publish now, schedule it for a later time, or leave it as a draft – we autosave changes to new/draft posts across post title, content, attachments, teaser text, media, access and scheduled time/date
How do I remove an image?
If you’re editing an unpublished post, skip ahead to step 3.
- Click the Posts button > Published
- Locate your post and click the Edit link
- Hover your mouse over the image and click the X. The image will be removed from your post.
- You can also click the Remove all button to start fresh
- If you’re editing a published post, you’ll need to click the Save button to save your edits. If you’re working on an unpublished post, we’ll autosave your changes
Captions are a way to narrate your image. While a picture says a thousand words, a great caption tells your patrons the intent behind an image. Connect on a more personal level with your patrons, by telling them why the image is important to them.
Alt-text is an invisible description of your images. They are read aloud by screen readers so patrons with visual impairments can still consume your content. Alt-text allows you to share images, that are accessible to all of your patrons.
What is the maximum number of images you can add to a post?
The sky’s the limit! Actually, there is no limit – you can upload, and embed as many images to an image gallery as you’d like.
Will captions be added to the search?
No, the captions you add won’t populate in search.
What are the preferred dimensions of an image post?
The beauty of image galleries is that we’ll intellectually size the image for you. No images will be cropped when checked in full screen. Your image thumbnails will be square, so if you’d like your thumbnails to be an entire image, we recommend using a 1:1 (square) ratio.
We’ve made this guide on sizing images for additional help with saving your images: Sizing images for Patreon
How large can my image files be?
Your upload file sizes must be 512 MB or less per image – there is no limit to how many images you can upload.
Will my patrons be able to check all of the images in the email notification?
No. Patrons will be able to check the first image of your set if they opt into email notifications of your new posts. To check all of the images in a post, patrons will need to click the link to view all images and will be redirected to Patreon.com.