This article serves as a guide to troubleshooting any issues you might have with Discord as a patron. If you don’t know the steps to connect Discord to your Patreon account, please follow How do I connect Discord to Patreon (Patron) instead.
I’m not getting the pop-up window to log in to Discord
This typically happens if you have an ad blocker or browser extension blocking pop-up windows. Please disable these extensions while connecting Discord to Patreon
I’m not getting my role or access to my creator’s server
If it’s been a few hours and you still don’t have access to a creator’s Discord server, here are a few things you can check:
Check your tier level
It’s a good idea to check your tier level and if the creator offers Discord roles for that tier. To do this, please follow the steps below:
- While logged in to your Patreon account, go to your creator’s page (You need to have an active membership with this creator)
- Click on the Membership tab at the top of their page
- Scroll down, and you’ll find a Your membership section in which you’ll find a description of your tier. If the tier offers Discord as a benefit, you’ll find a Discord logo followed by the text: Includes Discord Rewards at the bottom of the tier description
If you should have a role on their server, but you don't find Includes Discord Rewards at the bottom of the tier description, get in touch with your creator – they’ll likely need to troubleshoot their Discord setup on their account.
Is your payment in good standing?
As with most rewards a creator offers, Discord roles depend on your billing status. If your payment declines, you will no longer have access to the role included in the tier you pledged.
You can check your payment history to ensure everything is up to date.
Here’s how to verify your payment status:
- While on your patron profile, click the Settings link from the left sidebar navigation
- From the menubar, click on More > Billing History link from the menubar
- Scroll through your past payment history – if you notice any declined bills, you can click the Retry button and go through the necessary steps to reattempt the charge
If you need any support with retrying a declined payment, please refer to this help guide: Retry my payment (decline)
Are you in over 100 Discord servers?
Discord’s free offering lets users join up to 100 servers. If you’ve joined over 100 servers, you can upgrade to Discord’s Nitro offering (limit of 200 servers) or leave a different server before the Patreon bot can assign you to your creator’s server.
Are you still experiencing issues getting your role/access to your creator’s server?
If you’ve checked everything on this list but you’re still not able to get your role/access your creator’s server, please follow the steps below:
- Disconnect your Discord and Patreon account. You can do this by clicking the Disconnect button next to Discord on your Patreon Apps settings page
- Log out of Discord. Here is Discord’s guide to help you log out: How do I log out?
- Clear your cache and cookies
- Head back to your Apps settings page and click on the Discord Connect button
- Authorise Discord again and you should have your correct role!
Lastly, the issue may lie with the creator’s integration setup. You can message the creator directly on Patreon to ensure their Bot is above the roles in their Discord server.
Feel free to share these instructions to guide them through any potential issues: Discord isn’t working for my patrons.