You can make posts on the go for your patrons using the mobile app. On the app, you'll have many of the same editing and composing tools you have on desktop. If you charge patrons per creation, be sure to read this article before publishing your post.
How to make a post on the Patreon app
- Log into your account on the Patreon app, tap on the Make a post icon, which can be found on your Dashboard, Feed, or Account pages
- Select Make a post
- Tap the appropriate icon from the top bar to make your post and Choose from Text, Images, Video, Livestream, Audio, Link, or Polls
- Want to add images throughout the text of your post? You can also add inline images; by tapping the image icon in the bottom format bar to add an image from your device's library.
- When you're happy with your post, click Next
- Tap Who can see this post to bring up your options: public, all patrons, or select tiers
- Once you've set post access, select Publish to make it live
Do you charge your patrons per creation?
As a per-creation creator, you'll find the additional option to Charge for this post on your Post settings page. You'll know that your post will bill patrons when you see how many patrons will be billed when you publish. If your post includes a "This post is free" message, it means that your patrons will not be billed when you click Publish.
Want to save your post, and publish it later?
You can! Use the back arrow to exit the Make a post page until you get the option to Discard, or Save draft.
Edit or delete published posts
You can edit any of your posts within the mobile app. Navigate to the Posts page from the bottom menu, then select Published. Tap on the post you would like to edit or delete. Click the three dots on the page to expand the menu, and you'll find the option to Edit or Delete the post entirely.