Although we are removing goals, Patreon is actively developing new features to support creators in growing their memberships.
We encourage you to set milestones in other ways, such as adding them to your About section, creating a pinned post on your page, or sharing them on social media.
Creators on our Pro and Premium platform plans who signed up before September 1, 2022, can add specific Goals to their creator page to share and track their progress with patrons. Let’s get you started with your first goal.
Make a Goal
Follow the steps below to start tracking milestone goals on your page:
- While logged into your creator account, click the My Page link from the left sidebar navigation if you aren’t already there
- From here click on the Page Controls or the “...” button, and then click the Edit Page link from the submenu
- Click on the Goals link from the menu bar
- Choose whether you’d like your Goals to be earnings-based or community-based
- Then click the Add your first goal button (or the Add another goal button)
- Scroll up to click the Save Changes button to publish your new goal
How Many Goals Should I Have?
You can have as many Goals as you'd like! However, if you're just getting started on Patreon, we suggest starting out with one or two. Once you've completed those, you can add more.
Check out this other Goal related article:
What happens if I don't reach my goal?
How to Edit your Goals
Where did my Goals go?
Your goals are visible to potential patrons under your About section when they visit your page. You can view your goals as they appear on your page by visiting your page, clicking the Page controls button, and selecting Public.