Once we process membership payments/product sales and applicable fees, your share will be available in your creator balance. You can find a breakdown of your earnings and fees by checking your Insights dashboard.
Once funds are available to withdraw, you can pay out your balance manually, wait for the automatic payout on the 5th of the month (if enabled), or keep funds in your balance – there is no charge for keeping funds in your creator balance. You can leave them there until you're ready to withdraw.
Deposits typically arrive within 1-5 business days, depending on your payout method. If it's taking longer, refer to this guide to get answers: Where is my Payout?
How to set up my payout method
First things first, let us know where to transfer your funds!
- Log in to your Patreon creator page on Desktop or mobile web
- Click the Settings button on the left navigation side
- Click Billings and payouts tab
- Click Add payout method and follow the prompts
An automatic 5-day payout lock is placed on your balance whenever you add or edit a payout method.
How to pay out your balance
- Log in and click the Payouts button from your creator menu on the left side
- Click the Withdraw button. If this button is grayed out and your current account balance is $0, please check your Relationship Manager to review your paid members’ membership history – depending on your chosen billing method, they may not have been charged yet
- Learn more about our billing options for creators in this article: Billing my members
- Funds from product sales made with Commerce will appear as pending for up to 7 days before they can be withdrawn from your balance
- If a paid member is using Sofort Direct Debit (not currently supported for new memberships), payments will appear as pending on your balance for 7 business days while Sofort processes the debit
You can payout once every 24 hours. If you have automatic payouts turned on, this counts as one payout. However, we may cap the number of payouts available per month if payout costs and patterns change dramatically in the future.
How to set up Auto Withdrawal
You can tell us to trigger your balance payout every month on your behalf with our Automatic transfer feature. Once enabled, automatic withdrawals occur on the 5th of each month.
- Log in to your creator account
- Click on Payouts from the menu list on the left side
- Click the Edit button next to auto-withdrawal
- Click Turn on to enable auto-withdrawal
Now, we'll send any balance you have to your designated payout method every month.
With Automatic transfer, you can still manually transfer your balance from your payout preferences page.
Any payout hold on your account will interfere with the automatic transfer process. If you add or edit your payout method within 5 days of the 5th of the month (i.e., the 1st), your balance payout lock will prevent our automatic transfer. Don’t worry! You can manually payout once your payout lock expires.