- Becoming a patron – confirming your membership
- What if my payment is declining?
- Where you can see your memberships
How do I become a patron?
Step 1: If your creator has pre-created Tiers available, join one of their Tiers from the right-hand side of the page, or click Become a patron to view all of the Tiers they offer. The Tier you select will unlock the corresponding benefits offered in that Tier – the price of the Tier is the minimum payment amount to unlock that Tier.
If your creator doesn’t offer pre-created Tiers, simply click Become a patron button on the right-hand side of their page.
- (of your creator charges per paid post)
- if your creator asks for this information
- Add your payment details, so we can complete your membership
Step 3: Review the details of your recurring monthly membership
Step 4: Click Confirm at the right-hand of the confirmation page to finalize your payment.
What if my payment method is declining when I try to become a patron?
Sometimes payments decline. This is the business of doing business with credit cards. We want you to unlock access to your creators’ content and benefits. If you find that your card is declining, we recommend the following:
- Contact your bank, or PayPal directly: Asking that your bank to allow future authorizations, and charge attempts from Patreon* Membership be accepted moving forward should help.
- Ensure the funds are available on your payment method.
- Double check your payment details: If you have a new credit card, re-entering your card details is always a good next step.
- Make sure your payment method is valid: Currently we do not accept prepaid cards, so be sure to use a valid credit card, or PayPal account.
- Try using a different payment method: If your credit card is declining, try using PayPal, and vice-versa. Alternatively, try using a different credit card.
Where can I see and manage my memberships?
Your My Memberships hub is where everything related to your current and past memberships can be found.
The Active Memberships tab, will show creators you’re subscribed to. If you’ve cancelled your membership and future billing, you’ll no longer see that creator listed on your Active Memberships page.
Your Billing History page will show your payments history grouped by month, since payment processing is monthly. You can filter by year near the top of the page, if you’re looking forolder history.
In your Payment Methods section, you’ll see any credit card and PayPal accounts you’ve added to your account. From this section of your account, you can transfer memberships from one payment to another, update credit card details, and add new methods.