If you’re like many, chances are you have more than one email address. In a digital world, where you need an account to access everything, it can be tough to keep track of which emails you used for which accounts, and which passwords unlock them.
If you’re getting the message “Incorrect email or password” it’s possible that one of the following is happening:
- The password doesn’t match what we have on file for your account. You can start fresh with a new password to resolve this. Follow this link to send a password reset link to your account email.
- The email entered doesn’t match what we have on file. We recommend searching “Patreon” and “firstname.lastname@example.org” in your email inboxes – if you find post notifications or a welcome email, try logging in with the email tied to that inbox. You may need to reset your password as well.
- If you found a welcome email or notification, but the password isn’t working or you aren’t getting our reset emails. You may have created the account with our Google or Facebook sign-up options. If you created your account with these options, you might not have a password set up.
- We have a typo version of your email address on file. If you suspect this to be the case, you can reach out to our support team for further assistance!
I’m not receiving my password reset email
- Check your spam folder, and filters for emails from email@example.com.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contact list, and send yourself another link.
- If you are running email through a private domain, contact your domain host and ask that they add email@example.com to your email whitelist.
- If your login email is a Gmail address, try the Continue with Google option to sign in. You can also try the Continue with Facebook option to check if you used Facebook login to create your account.
If our password reset emails still aren’t reaching you, let us know! Reach out to the support team and include the email address you use with Patreon for a faster resolution.
Device verification issues
If your device verification link is no longer recognized in our system:
- Try logging in again and wait 15 minutes for a new verification link to reach you.
- Do not log in again while you are waiting.
- Make sure that you’re using the most recent link we’ve sent you.
- Make sure you’re verifying on the same device you are attempting to access your account on (i.e. don’t verify on your phone if you want to log in on your desktop).
If you aren’t receiving our device verification emails:
- Check your spam folder, and filters for emails from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Add email@example.com to your email contact list, and send yourself another link.
- If you are running email through a personal domain, contact your domain host and ask that they add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email whitelist.
SMS 2-Factor authentication issues
- Check that the SMS code you are entering from your mobile device is correct and current.
- If you’ve requested a resend several times in a row, wait 15 minutes before trying again.
- Reach out to your carrier and have them check that all texts are being sent through to you.
If that doesn’t resolve things for you, please let us know! You can reach out to our support team and we’ll be more than happy to help.
I get a message that an account already exists
If you receive the message ‘No user found with that email address,’ but aren’t permitted to create an account because ‘This email address already has a Patreon account’ it typically means that you’ve requested an account that was linked to that email be disabled in the past.
You can either create an account with an alternate email address, or reach out to our support team, and we’ll be able to further assist.