How does it work?
Existing Patreon creators can refer a creator by sending a referral link from patreon.com/invite. If the newly launched creator reaches 20 patrons within their first 30 days, they are eligible to receive a cash bonus of $50 from Patreon.
* Only the newly launched creator is eligible for the referral bonus.
* If a new creator doesn't sign up using a referral invite link, then there is no way to retroactively apply the bonus.
* After the creator launches, they have 30 days to reach the referral bonus requirements. At the end of this 30 day period, we’ll review the creator’s page and determine the referral bonus amount based on the referral rate at sign up.
*The bonus payout may be delayed up to 30 days because we do a manual review to avoid fraud.
* The referral rate is determined at the time the creator signs up. This rate is subject to change at any time.
* Only one referral link may be used by an account. This means if a creator receives multiple links, then only the sender of the link they use to sign up will receive the bonus.
* This referral program is not available to creators that intend to fund only one post. It is meant for creators that will continue ongoing funding after the first month.
You may only share referral links with friends or other personal connections who will appreciate being invited to Patreon. You may not post the link on a public site or otherwise distribute it to people you don’t know. We will also remove referral rewards for creators that attempt to refer themselves.
Some examples of good referrals:
-Anyone you’ve talked to in real life that you think just has to be on Patreon.
-A small private Facebook or Meetup group where you know everyone that can see your posts.
-Someone you've worked with on a creative project and feel would be a good fit for Patreon.
Some examples of bad referrals:
-A blog post about “One cool trick that publishers and record companies hate.”
-A Craigslist listing promising free money to artists.
-Hijacking the top comment on a Reddit post.
-On the Facebook post announcing your Patreon page to the world.
-Mass email to your entire college art class
Changes and Termination
We reserve the right to make changes to this referral program, the referral rate, and these rules at any time. We may also terminate this referral program or any user’s participation in the program at any time and for any reason.