This article details how payouts work, when you can expect to receive a payout you’ve initiated, and what payout locks or holds you may encounter.
Note: If you are a brand new creator on Patreon, please note that there will be a 5-day hold in place from the date of adding your first payout method or from the date of receiving your first payment.
Setting up your payout details
- While on the mobile web or desktop app, click on the Settings link from the left sidebar navigation
- If you’re not seeing the Settings link, then you may be viewing your member profile. To switch to your creator profile, click on your name in the bottom left corner > then click on your creator profile
- Click on the Billing and payouts link from the top menu
- Click the Add payout method button
- Let us know:
- If you’re an individual or a business/corporation > click Next
- If you are a US creator or a non-US creator > click Next
- Select your payout country from the drop-down list
- Let us know how you would like to get paid from the options and complete the payout method form.
- Your payout method options will depend on the payout country you select. Your bank, Payoneer, or PayPal account country location information must match the information you provide
- Click the Save button, and you’re all set!
When you add a payout method for the first time or when you edit your payout method, an automatic 5-day payout hold is placed on your balance. After the 5-day payout hold, you'll be able to withdraw your balance.
Depending on your payout country, you can choose from one of the following payout options:
- Direct deposit via Stripe (US payout country)
- Payoneer (Outside of the US only)
There are two situations when you can expect funds to appear as pending on your account:
- Funds from product sales made with Commerce will appear as pending for up to 7 days before they can be withdrawn from your creator balance
- If a paid member is using Sofort Direct Debit (not currently supported for new memberships), payments will appear as pending on your creator balance for 7 business days while Sofort processes the debit
Once funds are successfully processed, they’ll appear as available to withdraw, and you can payout whenever you’d like, as long there are no locks or holds on your payouts.
Funds from product sales made with Commerce will appear as pending for up to 7 days before they can be withdrawn from your balance. Funds from membership payments may appear as pending until they are successfully processed. Once funds are no longer pending and appear as available to withdraw, you can pay out your balance.
Once a payout is initiated, it typically takes 1-5 days for the funds to appear in your personal account. If, for any reason, we are unable to send funds to your account successfully, funds are typically returned to your creator balance.
If you find there's a message stating that your transfer may take up to 10 business days, that is because our team is running a few checks on your account due to the volume you've processed. This is part of our effort to keep creators and members safe on our platform. Once those checks are complete, you'll receive an e-mail to let you know that your funds are on the way.
If you’d prefer to have one less item on your task list, you can also opt-in to automatic payouts. When enabled, automatic payouts are initiated on the 5th of each month as long as you have a positive balance. You can enable or disable automatic payouts from your Payouts page.
When funds are withdrawn from your account, a payout fee will be applied to the payout amount. Visit our Payout Fees resource to learn more about which rates apply to you based on your currency and payout method of choice.
Changing your payout details
You will encounter a 5-day payout hold if you do one of the following:
- When you add your payout method for the first time or update your payout information
- Are a creator who is subject to receive a 1099-K without having filled out your W-9 form
I need help with a payout
If you need any assistance with locating a payout or fixing an issue with a payout, please submit a request for one-on-one assistance. Be sure to select ‘Payouts and earnings’ from the dropdown so we can help you as quickly as possible.