It can take 1-5 business days for your payout to be fully processed to your payout method of choice. If you’re experiencing any issues with your payout, please go through the troubleshooting steps below.
Check your payout status
Navigate to your Payouts dashboard to review your recent payout status. Each payout attempt will include a status. Below are the status definitions for payout attempts:
|The payment provider has alerted us that there has been an error during the payout process. You can troubleshoot your payout to try to resolve these errors.|
The payout provider has confirmed to Patreon that they received the funds. However, this does not mean that the payout has been transferred to the bank account linked to the provider.
If your payout status is successful, but you’ve not yet received your funds, please go through the troubleshooting steps below.
|Initiated||We are processing your withdrawal. Funds usually arrive within 3-5 business days.|
|Payout reversed||This means that Patreon reversed the payout transaction. At this point, all funds from the payout attempt should be returned to your creator balance. You can then initiate another payout process after checking that your payout information and accounts are correct.|
Funds from product sales made with Commerce will appear as pending for up to 7 days before they can be withdrawn from your balance. As soon as funds are available in your balance, you may pay them out immediately, as long as there are no blocks or holds on your payouts.
Confirm your payout method
Double-check your payout method. You may have added a payout method that you don't often use or aren't checking.
To add or update your payout method:
- Log in to your creator account.
- Click on the Settings link from the creator menu.
- Click on Billing and payouts settings from the menu bar.
- From here, you can add or update your payout method.
An automatic 5-day payout lock is placed on your account balance whenever you add or update a payout method.
Troubleshooting Stripe payouts
Stripe direct deposit payout is only available for US creators.
We recommend that you use a checking account to transfer payouts. Using a non-standard bank account, like a savings account or virtual bank account, may result in a higher chance of payout failure. If you entered a non-standard bank account (savings or virtual bank account) information, follow the steps below to update your payout method to a checking account and trigger a retry.
Payments can be delayed in Stripe for two reasons:
- Holidays or weekends
- Incorrect account information
If it's been more than 3 days since you sent your payout through Stripe and there is no holiday, we recommend getting in touch with your bank to inquire about pending deposits on their end.
There's also a chance that the account information submitted isn't quite right. You can re-submit your information on Patreon to trigger a retry.
To trigger a direct deposit retry:
- Log in and click on the Settings link from the creator menu
- Click on Billing and payouts settings from the menu bar
- Scroll down and click the Update bank information button and re-enter your bank account and routing numbers
- Scroll down and click the Save button
- Stripe will automatically reattempt transfers to the updated bank information within 1-3 business days.
Troubleshooting PayPal payouts
If you're using PayPal, the slightest typo can direct your balance to a non-existent account. Double-check the PayPal email you have connected to your Patreon account.
To check the PayPal email we have on file:
- Log in and click on the Settings link from the creator menu
- Click on the Billing and payouts setting from the menu bar
- Scroll down to the Payout method section and check the PayPal email address
- If there is any typo, correct it as soon as possible, and Submit a request with our support team for assistance
Troubleshooting Payoneer payouts
Payoneer is only available as a payout option for creators outside of the US.
Whether you use Payoneer to send direct deposits to your local bank or you get funds auto-loaded to a Payoneer card, there are a few issues that could cause a delay.
If it's been longer than 5 business days since you paid out, we recommend getting in touch with Payoneer directly. You may need to verify your Payoneer account or send documentation to receive payouts. Payoneer can help you through that process.
Here's our FAQ to help you contact Payoneer.
Other payout issues
- If you check your balance and see some or all of your funds as pending, it means they are not yet available for withdrawal.
There are a couple of different reasons why you might see pending funds:
- Funds from membership payments may appear as pending until they are successfully processed
- Funds from product sales made with Commerce will appear as pending for up to 7 days before they can be withdrawn from your balance
- If a paid member is using Sofort Direct Debit (not currently supported for new memberships), payments will appear as pending on your balance for 7 business days while Sofort processes the debit
Once funds are no longer pending and appear as available to withdraw, you can pay out your balance.
Check your Relationship Manager, where you'll find a list of all your members. You will only receive payouts to your account from paid members who have an active membership with you. If your Patreon is per post, your paid members would have needed to have a membership with you before you posted a paid post; if your Patreon is on the 1st-of-the-month billing schedule, they will have needed to join before we started processing payments on the 1st of the month.
If you have paid members whose payments have declined, you will not receive their payment until their payment clears. Learn more about declining members in this help guide: Why have my members' payments declined?
To ensure the security of your account, we sometimes need to place a temporary hold on your payouts. Visit this help guide for more information about temporary payout holds: How payouts work.
You should receive a notification as well as an email when this happens, so if you haven't received either, this is probably not the issue. If you get a notification letting you know the time and date you can pay out your funds, this means that you are within 24 hours of the last time you manually paid out.
A payout lock will be lifted after 5 days, at which time you’ll be able to manually pay out any funds from your account.
We use the balance in your account to cover any memberships you have to other creators, so if the amount you are paying other creators is more than you are collecting for your Patreon, you won't have a positive balance in your account. You can check this within your Payouts Dashboard.