You can add a Google Analytics Tracking ID to your creator page to track statistics like page visits, referrals, and demographics, etc. Unlock insights today by linking your Google Analytics account with your Patreon page.
Where do I find my UA Tracking ID?
If you don’t yet have your Google Analytics account, you can easily set one up with these instructions:
- Visit Google Analytics to sign up for an account
- In Step 2 of the set up process, click the “Show advanced options” button and slide toggle to also set up a UA Tracking ID (required for to link with Patreon)
- Complete the New account setting page
- The property name has to be unique and it cannot be used by other websites.
- Your website URL is https:// [Patreon page URL].
- For the industry category choose what matches or is close to what you create.
If you already have your Google Analytics account set up, you can find your UA Tracking ID with these steps:
- Go to Google Analytics and sign into your Google account. Select Admin on the bottom left corner
- Click Tracking info in the Property column located in the center
- Click Tracking code, then you would find your Tracking ID, beginning with “UA.” If your Tracking ID begins with a “G”, please follow the instructions in this article: Set up Analytics for a website (Universal Analytics)
We recommend having an advanced understanding of Google Analytics before setting it up for your Patreon account. We don’t offer product support for Google Analytics. Google has a wealth of support documentation to get you better acquainted with their product.
Visit Google's resource for Analytics Help for more information!
Add my UA Tracking ID to my page
Start tracking your Patreon page with five four simple steps:
- Log in to your Patreon page and click the My Page button from the navigation on the left-hand side
- Click the Menu button and click on Edit Page
- Click into the Page settings tab from the menu
- Scroll down to the Google Analytics ID card and enter your Tracking ID – this ID should begin with “UA.” If your ID begins with “G” please follow the instructions in this article: Set up Analytics for a website (Universal Analytics)
- Scroll to the top of your page editor and click the Save button