Creators living in the United States who earn over $20,000 in sales in a calendar year are required to submit the W-9 form. Creators living in or who earn over $600 in a calendar year are subject to receive form 1099-K.
A US person is any US citizen or US person as defined by the IRS.
Note: We’re unable to offer tax advice. We recommend reaching out to a local tax advisor for additional assistance and clarification. Everything below is taken from the
United States Persons
- A citizen or of the United States
- A domestic partnership
- A domestic corporation
- Any estate other than a foreign estate
- Any trust if:
- A court within the United States is able to exercise primary supervision over the administration of the trust, and
- One or more United States persons have the authority to control all substantial decisions of the trust
- Any other person that is not a foreign person.
- Foreign corporation
- Foreign partnership
- Foreign trust
- A foreign estate
- Any other person that is not a U.S. person
References from IRS
Related Patreon resources: