This guide will help you make an image gallery post on desktop and mobile web. For help with creating an image gallery on the Patreon app, visit this guide: How to make an image gallery (Patreon app)
Making an image gallery on desktop
Image gallery posts allow you to share collections of image work all in one go. To get started on your image gallery, follow these steps:
- While logged in to your creator account, click on the Create button from the left-hand side
- If you’re not seeing the Create button, then you may be viewing your member profile. To switch to your creator profile, click on your name in the bottom left corner > click on your creator profile
- Choose Images as your post type
- You can click the Upload button to upload images from your computer or click the Embed image URL button to embed images. You can create Image galleries using a combination of uploaded files and embedded image URLs, with a limit of 500 images per post
- You can rearrange the image order by dragging images to new positions after uploading
- Give your post a title (required) and add some written content (optional)
- Posting extras:
- Add any relevant tags
- Upload attachments
- Select who can see your post
- Charge members for the post if you charge per creation
- Add Preview Text to show non-members
- You can add your post to a collection to help members find more of what they’re looking for. You can think of collections as your own library where you can get to organize your work however you want. Learn more about creating a collection
- On desktop, you can preview your post before publishing by clicking the View button
- Once you’re happy with it, you can publish now, schedule it for a later time, or leave it as a draft — we autosave changes to new/draft posts across post title, content, attachments, Preview Text, media, access, and scheduled time/date
How do I remove an image?
If you’re editing an unpublished post, skip ahead to step 3.
- While logged in to your creator account, click on the My page link from the left-side navigation
- If you’re not seeing My page in the navigation, then you may be viewing your member profile. To switch to your creator profile, click on your name in the bottom left corner > click on your creator profile
- You can use the search field or post filters to locate the post you want to edit
- Once you’ve located the image gallery post you want to edit, click on the Edit post button
- Hover your mouse over the image you want to remove and click the X
- You can also click the Remove all button to start fresh
- If you’re editing a published post, you’ll need to click the Save button to save your edits. If you’re working on an unpublished post, we’ll autosave your changes as you work
Captions are a way to narrate your image. While a picture says a thousand words, a great caption tells your members the intent behind an image. Connect on a more personal level with your members by telling them why the image is important to them.
Alt-text is an invisible description of your images. They are read aloud by screen readers so members with visual impairments can still consume your content. Alt-text allows you to share images that are accessible to all of your members.
Tip: Keep your alt-text short and sweet. Remember, alt-text will be read by screen readers, so try to use descriptive words of exactly what is in the image.
No, the captions you add won’t populate in the search.
The beauty of image galleries is that we’ll intellectually size the image for you. No images will be cropped when checked in full screen. Your image thumbnails will be square, so if you’d like your thumbnails to be an entire image, we recommend using a 1:1 (square) ratio.
We’ve made this guide on sizing images for additional help with saving your images: Sizing images for Patreon.
Your upload file sizes must be 16 MB or less per image.
You can add up to 500 images per post. We are working on a more robust improvement to image uploading in the future.
No. Members will be able to check the first image of your set if they opt in to email notifications of your new posts. To check all of the images in a post, members will need to click the link to view all images and will be redirected to Patreon.com.