Available to all creators, welcome surveys let you get a deeper understanding of what’s motivating paid members to join your Patreon.
Welcome surveys are enabled for all creators by default. You can turn off your welcome survey by navigating to your survey insights tab and clicking the designated link.
How the welcome survey works
Immediately after completing checkout, new paid and upgraded members will be presented with a multiple-choice survey, where they can select what about their membership they’re looking forward to most:
- Merch or products for sale
- News and updates
- Connecting with other fans
- Exclusive work from the creator
- Supporting the creator financially
- Connecting with the creator
Once members have selected their response, they can add more details in a free-form response.
Members who rejoin your Patreon or join for free won’t be presented with the welcome survey upon signup.
You can preview the member experience by navigating to the survey insights tab. From here, click on the Preview button and click the next button to see both steps. The multiple-choice responses are disabled when previewing the welcome survey, so only members can respond.
Currently, welcome survey customization isn’t an option.
Viewing welcome survey results
You can check members’ responses by navigating to the surveys insights tab. Analyze results over 30 days, 60 days, and all time. You can also use the tier filter, which defaults to All tiers, to better assess trends driving fans to join which tiers.
You can view free-form survey responses by clicking the comment link for a multiple-choice response.
How can I use insights from welcome survey results?
- Leverage survey responses to tailor your offering to what fans want most. Understand what benefits resonate the most to adapt your benefits and promotion strategy
- Use aggregated survey responses to spark creative ideas, discover trends, and ensure your content strategy aligns with your fans’ expectations
You can export welcome survey results as a CSV to review individual responses and further analyze responses with the visualization tool you prefer.
Exit surveys offer insights into why a member has canceled their membership. Members can select one of the following reasons for canceling
One way is by polling your members. Polls are a great way to source feedback.
Here's how to message members who completed the Welcome Survey:
- Navigate to your survey insights tab
- Click on a response to view individual comments
- Click on the message button to send a private message to that member
Exit surveys are anonymous, so it's not currently possible to message members who respond to the exit survey.
Currently, survey customizations are not an option.