We want to make it simple and secure for you to receive your tax statements. If you are eligible to receive a 1099-K from Patreon, you can choose to do so electronically. Visit this help guide for 1099-K eligibility: Will I receive a 1099-K form?
Below, you’ll learn how to do the following:
- How to opt into receiving your 1099-K electronically
- How to view and download your electronic tax forms
To learn more about how taxes work at Patreon, please visit our .
Opt into receiving your 1099-K electronically
To opt into paperless statements, follow the steps below.
- While logged into your Patreon account, head to your and click into the Payouts and taxes section from the menu bar. If you haven’t filled out your W-9 form yet, or if you have to update it, you can do that here as well.
- Once you have your W-9 form completed, check off the box next to the option to receive your 1099-K statements electronically. Don’t forget to save your settings!
Come early February, we’ll send you an electronic copy, rather than mailing your 1099-K. If you’ve received one from us in 2018, you’ll also be able to view and download that copy as well.
Please note that we are only able to provide electronic statements from 2018 onwards. Should you need statements from previous years, please send us a note by clicking the "Email Patreon Support" button at the bottom of this article.
View and download your electronic tax forms
You can download your tax statements anytime you need to after it is generated. To find your electronic tax statements, follow the steps below:
- While logged into your Patreon account, click on the Income button from the navigation menu to the left, then click Taxes from the menu.
- Locate the tax year you need, then choose to View or Download the electronic 1099-K statement.