This video will guide you through enabling Discord roles as a benefit for your patrons. Below are resources you can share with patrons, and a video timestamp of the video, so you can skip ahead to the applicable section you are searching for.
Before watching this video, make sure you’ve done the following:
Resources for you and your patrons
- (Patron guide)
IMPORTANT: Do not remove the Patreon Bot from Discord. There will be no way to add the bot back after it has been removed. Additionally, if the bot is removed, you will not be able to disconnect Discord from Patreon as the bot is what manages this connection.
Also important to note: The Patreon bot is delayed at the 1st of the month, so new patrons may not be added to Discord instantly. However, they will be added shortly and there’s no action needed. If you are experiencing patrons with declined payments who have lost access, once their payment processes they will regain access.
- What is Discord and who can use the integration? [0:10]
- What you’ll need to set up first [0:30]
- Connecting your Patreon and Discord accounts [0:59]
- What does the Patreon Bot do? [1:40]
- What does this red message mean? [2:12]
- What are Discord roles? [2:35]
- Setting up your roles [3:14]
- Display role members separately from online members [4:11]
- Make sure the Patreon Bot is in the right position on your roles list [4:58]
- Assigning roles to your Patreon Tiers [5:33]
- Adding roles to multiple Tiers [6:28]
- What do patrons need to do to get their role? [6:40]