We know that messaging is an important part of the creator-to-patron relationship. On Patreon, it’s easier than ever to connect with your most engaged fans and seamlessly deliver benefits.
Patreon messaging includes the following features:
- Threaded messages: one thread for each patron 🧵
- Search for a thread by patron name 🔍
- Patron info directly in private messages 📈
- How bulk messaging works 📦
- Starting a new conversation 🗒
Conversations live in a single message thread. You’ll have one thread for each patron you have direct messages with. Scroll through a message thread with a patron to view your message history with them.
Search through your messages
You can search your inbox by patron username to quickly pick up conversations right where you left off.
Patron information in private messages
Information is powerful; knowing the billing history for a patron can be super helpful in prioritizing responses, or sharing benefits via messages. Length of patronage, current pledge amount, and lifetime paid by a patron will all be available directly in your message threads with patrons.
How bulk messaging works
Instead of one message thread for your bulk message, you’ll see a thread created for each patron who received the message. So responses will be kept private. You can search by patron name to easily find the right conversations.
Starting a new conversation with a patron on Desktop
You can start a new message by searching for a patron’s name in your inbox or from your Patron relationship manager.
Here’s how to start a new message thread from your Patron Relationship Manager:
- Click on the Patrons button from the left sidebar navigation
- From the Relationship manager search for a patron by their profile name or email. You can also use the filters to parse through your patron list
- Click on the patron from the list and click the Message button
- Click into the Write a message text box and type up your message
- Click the Send button when you’re ready
And, here’s how to start a new message from your inbox:
- Click on the Message button from the left sidebar navigation
- Click into the search bar
- Type the name of the patron and hit the “enter” or “return” key
- Then click on the patron’s name to start the conversation
All existing message threads will live in your Inbox, so once you’ve sent your message, you can follow up with patrons from your Inbox.