From time to time, we may ask you to verify your device via email confirmation. This is a security protocol to help keep your account and payment information safe. Two situations may result in a failed verification attempt:
- You are not receiving our verification emails, or
- The verification link has expired
You are not receiving our device verification emails
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contact list and try logging in again, which will trigger a resend. Here are Google’s instructions for adding a new contact for Gmail and Yahoo’s instructions for managing your email contacts.
- Check your spam folder and filters (promotions if you have a Gmail account) for emails from email@example.com. Here’s how to unmark Spam in Gmail and how to manage your Spam lists in Yahoo.
- If you are running email through a private domain, contact your domain host and ask that they add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email safe list.
The device verification link has expired
- Log in using a different web browser.
- If you are using Firefox, please disable the Enhanced Tracking Protection, which can block verification.
- Log in again and wait 15 minutes for a new verification link to arrive.
- Make sure that you’re using the most recent link we’ve sent you.
- Only verify with the device you want to log in on (i.e., don’t verify on your phone when you want to access your account on your desktop).
You can skip email device verification in the future by enabling two-factor authentication login with your mobile device.