Email device verification is one of the ways we ensure your account and privacy is protected. If you don’t have two-factor login enabled, you may need to verify whenever you log in from a new device or browser session.
This should be a straightforward and painless process, but if you’re having any problems, the tips below should help you through it.
If the device verification link is no longer recognized or has expired:
- Try logging in using a different web browser.
- If you are using Firefox, you may need to disable the "Enhanced Tracking Protection" which can block verification.
- Log in again and wait 15 minutes for a new verification link to reach you.
- Do not log in again while you are waiting.
- Make sure that you’re using the most recent link we’ve sent you.
- Make sure you’re verifying on the same device you are attempting to access your account on (i.e. don’t verify on your phone if you want to log in on your desktop).
If you are not receiving our device verification emails:
- Check your spam folder, and filters (promotions if you have a Gmail account) for emails from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Add email@example.com to your email contact list, and send yourself another link.
- If you are running email through a private domain, contact your domain host and ask that they add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email whitelist.
- If Patreon emails have been routed to your spam folder more than once, there’s a chance that your email address is on our “do not send” list. If you suspect this, try adding email@example.com to your contact list and then retry. If that doesn’t do the trick, send us a message and we're happy to help out.
Our team finds that the troubleshooting steps above typically resolve device verification problems, but if your issue persists, let us know! Just click the “Email Patreon Support” button and we’ll use our support superpowers to help sort it out.
Interested in skipping email verification in the future? Enable two-factor login for your account, as a secure alternative to email verification.