If you’ve paid a creator and have not canceled, but aren’t seeing your membership, payment, or posts for the creator, you may have more than one account.
Our support team sees this happen for a few different reasons:
- The user possibly created another account with an alternate email address they own. (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com). This typically happens if your email addresses are very similar to each other.
- The user could have created their account with an email address and password and then clicks our “Continue with Google” login option. Clicking this when there isn’t a Patreon account already tied to the Gmail account, creates a fresh account in our system. If you used our “Continue with Google” login option and your history seems to have disappeared, then this has likely happened to you.
- If the account was created with email and password, and then the user clicks the “Continue with Facebook,” or “Continue with Apple” options. You may have created a second account.
- The original account with the membership/purchase was created with a typo version of your email.
What should I do if I logged in and my membership(s) has just disappeared?
- Check all of your email inboxes for “Patreon” and “firstname.lastname@example.org”. This will help you track down which email you may have used.
- If you find an email from Patreon, like a post notification or welcome email, try logging in with that email address.
- If you suspect that you typo’d your email when you signed up, not to worry! Just reach out to our support team and we’ll be happy to help you get back in.