If you want to create a Patreon account, you need to be at least 13. If you want to join a creator’s membership as a patron or provide membership as a creator, you must be at least 18 years old or have permission from a parent or guardian.
As we welcome people over the age of 13, we employ stricter measures to ensure their safety that ultimately translates to a zero-tolerance policy for sexualizing underaged individuals on Patreon. Part of this commitment to ensure the safety of underaged Creators is our reporting partnership with National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC).
If you are a parent or guardian of a Creator who is under 18 years old, you may want to consider the following ways that you can take a more proactive approach towards controlling your child’s experience on Patreon:
- If your child plans on making a Creator page on Patreon, we encourage you, as their parent or guardian, to reach out to the Trust and Safety team to establish an ongoing relationship with us.
- Doing this early on will allow us to have eyes on your child’s account and advise both you and your child in situations that may be difficult to navigate.
- You may consider supervising your child’s activity on their account or even administer their account on their behalf.
- Doing so will allow you to have greater control over what your child is exposed to on Patreon
- If you would rather have your child independently manage their own account, you should still consider monitoring the comments and messages that other users are sending to their page.
- If you come across bullying or anything inappropriate please block the person and send us a note.