If you believe that a creator on Patreon is infringing on your copyright, please send a notification of claimed infringement to firstname.lastname@example.org to have the work removed. This notification must comply with the requirements of section 512 of the Copyright Act.
Here is our suggested template to use when submitting a notification of claimed infringement:
- This personal information:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your telephone number
- Your email address
- Identify the original copyrighted work that you claim is being infringed. If multiple works are being infringed, then please list all of the original works applicable.
- Identify the infringing work(s). Include the URL of the creator’s page, as well as any other relevant URLs or information necessary to identify or locate the potentially infringing work(s).
- Read, understand and include this statement:
"I have a good faith belief that the material I am reporting is not authorized by the copyright owner, an agent of the owner, or the law. The information in this notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, I am authorized on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
- Your physical or electronic signature.
Please note: The DMCA, as a legal document, does require that you provide personal information. It is standard for websites to post such legal documents online or share such documents with the claimed infringer. This is like posting a summons or subpoena on a door. As a result your personal information may be publicly shared in this process.