Discord is an all-in-one voice and text chat app where you can get access to your creator’s invite-only community.
In this article, we’ll cover:
How do I link my Discord account to Patreon?
If you need to create a Discord account, we will guide you through that during this process:
- Log in to your Patreon account
- Click on Settings from the left-hand menu
- Click on More > Connected Apps from the menu bar
- Click the Connect button next to Discord under App Integrations
- Enter the email address or phone number you use to log in with Discord and your password and click the Login button
- Click the Authorise button
- You’ve successfully linked Discord to Patreon! You may need to refresh the page
Now that you’ve linked Patreon and Discord we’ll automatically assign you Discord roles based on how your creator set up their Discord. You can log in to your Discord account to check that you have access to the creator’s server with your correct role.
I’m not getting the pop-up window to log in to Discord
This typically happens if you have an ad blocker or browser extension that is blocking pop-up windows. Please disable these extensions while connecting Discord to Patreon.
I connected my Discord account to Patreon, but I’m not on my creator’s Discord server. What should I do?
A: If you’ve connected Patreon and Discord, we recommend disconnecting and reconnecting Discord to Patreon. Before doing so, log out of Discord and clear your cache and cookies to start afresh. Reconnecting will re-establish communication between the two apps. Here’s an article to guide you through this: Discord isn’t working for me
If you’re still not finding your creator’s server, check that you’re in the correct tier to unlock Discord access. This section of our help centre guide will help you confirm your tier: How to check your tier level
How do I know if my creator offers Discord as a benefit for my tier?
A: Check the creator’s Patreon page for the Discord logo on your tier description.
I don’t think I have the correct role? I can’t remember what role comes with my tier?
A: If you think you were assigned the wrong role, there are a couple of things you can do to double-check:
- Click the active membership associated with this benefit located on the left-hand menu on your feed page. On the Creator’s page, click the My Membership button to check if your creator added the Discord role name to the tier description
- Message your creator directly on Patreon – they’ll know which roles they’ve assigned to which tiers. Learn how to message your creator with this guide: How do I message a creator?