Merch for Membership is available to monthly billing creators on our Pro and Premium platform plans. This service allows creators to offer a merchandise item as a benefit on a tier, helping you reward your patrons even more. We take care of everything for you.
In this article, we’ll go over:
- How to include merch in your tiers
- What happens after you include merch in tiers?
- Additional questions about Merch for membership
How do I include merch on my tiers?
- While logged in to your creator account, navigate to your page editor and click on the Merch link from your editor menu bar
- Click on the Create new merch button to get started
- Let us know if you want to create a loyalty merch programme where patrons receive merch every 3 months for a year, or a one-time merch item where patrons receive merch once, after three payments
- Select the merch item you’d like to personalise. You can choose from a sticker, poster, mug, t-shirt, hoodie or tote bag. Depending on which item you select, we will recommend the minimum tier price based on the cost associated with producing and shipping the item. Learn more about merch earning schedules, here: When will my patrons earn merch?
- Now, you can start customising your exclusive merch! Upload the artwork you want printed on your merch item and choose how you’d like to place the artwork on your item
- Now, click the Continue button
- Add a short description that describes the merch item and then select the tier(s) you want to include this in. You can choose as many tiers as you would like. Then click the Review button
- Once you’ve confirmed that everything is exactly the way you want it to be, hit Publish merch button to complete and add to your tiers
Things to know about creating merch
- For best results, we’ve included templates that you can download and use to make sure your artwork fits the dimensions of your selected merch item
- Using the in-product design preview tool, you can choose the size of artwork and how much space it will take up on the merch item
- Once you’ve placed the image of your artwork on the item, we recommend you save the image by clicking on “View full size” and downloading the image to use in promotion of the item on socials
- You will have the option to order proof of the item once you finish this process
What happens after I include merch in my tiers?
After you publish your item, you can request a high-resolution preview from a real human designer as well as physical proof of the item.
If you need to edit or tweak something about the design, you can still do this as long as your item is produced.
The patrons in your merch tiers will receive an email announcing that you have included merch in the tiers that they are pledged to. If you’d like to let patrons on non-merch tiers know that you are now offering merch, you can let them know by sending them a bulk message filtered by tier or posting on your creator page. Learn how to do this in this guide on messaging multiple patrons.
All current and new patrons will receive your exclusive merch after 3 successful consecutive pledges. This does not apply retroactively to previous pledges, only going forward.
Be sure to ask your patrons to update their shipping address! We ship globally and you can find out where in this full list of countries we ship to.
Additional questions about Merch for Membership
Q: When will my patrons receive their exclusive merch?
Q: Where can my patrons track their exclusive merch shipment?
- Once your patron is eligible for merch, they will receive an email notification letting them know this. Then, when the item ships, they will receive another email containing a tracking number that they can use to track the shipment.
Q: My patron received damaged merch. What do I do?
Please let us know or have them contact us and we’ll be happy to review if they are eligible for a replacement based on our policy.
Q: I already have the designs made – what are the specs needed for your merch service?
If you've already got designs made, you can check out and use our design guidelines and templates for your merch items to make the process seamless.