Two-factor authentication provides added security by requiring a 6-digit code generated by a mobile device to be entered anytime that a user logs in. Two-factor authentication allows users to bypass email device verification.
Turn on TOTP two-factor authentication
Here’s how to set up TOTP two-factor authentication:
- While logged in to your patron profile, click on the Settings button from the left sidebar navigation
- Click on the Account link from the sub-navigation list
- Click on the Use authenticator app button
- We’ll provide you with a set set of backup Two-factor recovery codes. You can use these codes if you lose your device and cannot receive authentication codes. These codes are exactly like a password, so store them in a very secure place, like a password manager
- After clicking Ok, use your preferred TOTP authenticator app to scan the QR code
- Enter the 6-digit code produced by your authenticator app
- You're all done!
Now, when you log in to Patreon, you will be prompted to enter a code from your authenticator app, adding another layer of security.
sage containing your verification code for that login session, adding another layer of security.