Password is not working/I don't remember my password
To request a password reset:
- Log out of Patreon using this link: patreon.com/logout, which will log you out automatically. You can only reset your password if you log out first. Otherwise, it will ask you for the old password when you attempt to change it on your settings
- Once logged out, you can request a password reset
- You'll receive an email with your reset link – follow the link and enter your new password
If you have a password saver, please be sure to update your saved Patreon password to your updated password before logging back in.
I'm not receiving the password reset email
- Check your spam folder and filters (e.g., Promotions) for emails from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add email@example.com to your email contact list, and request another reset link
- If you use a private domain, contact your domain host and ask that they add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email safe list
- If you used Facebook, Google, or Apple sign-in to create your Patreon account, you don't need a password to log in, so you likely won't have a password
- Check the Security section of your other app accounts. If Patreon is listed in the Permissions section, try logging in with that app
Still haven't received the password reset email?
You can get in touch with our Support team for us to further assist you.
I lost access to my email address, so I can't receive the password reset email
If you can no longer access your email address and can't reset your password, please get in touch with our Support team. Note that we need to verify your identity before we take any action on your account.
Email not working/I don't remember my email address
If you need help figuring out which email you used to create your account or the email you are using, go to the password reset page and enter possible email addresses you own. When you get a reset email, it will confirm your login email. If you already know your password, you can ignore the reset and use your email and existing password to log in.
Check your Facebook, Google, or Apple app account settings in case you've used these third-party login options instead.
Your account has been disabled/This email address already has a Patreon account
If you encounter any of these messages when trying to sign in, you may have requested that we disable your account. You can either create an account with an alternate email address or reach out to our Support team, and we'll help you clear this up.
I lost access to my Email address
You might only need to access your email address to log in if you need to reset your password, or you are required to verify your device (this usually happens if you don't have 2-factor enabled). If you are already logged in, you can follow the steps to Change your email, and you should be able to change the email on file.
If you need to access your email to log in, you will need to contact our Support team. We’ll verify your identity by asking some security questions before taking any action on your account.
Device verification help
We may ask you to verify your device via email for security purposes. If email verification is required, we’ll ask you to check your inbox to verify when you log in.
I'm not receiving the device verification email
If you're not receiving our verification emails, please check the following:
- Add email@example.com to your email contact list and try logging in again, which will trigger a resend
- Google's instructions for adding a new contact for Gmail
- And directions to manage your Yahoo email contacts
- Check your spam folder and filters (e.g., Promotions) for emails from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Here's how to unmark Spam in Gmail
- And how to manage your Spam list on Yahoo
- If you are running email through a private domain, contact your domain host and add email@example.com to your email safe list
Still haven't received the device verification link?
If you still need to receive a device verification link after following these steps, please get in touch with our Support team for further assistance.
The verification link is returning an expired message
If you're receiving an expired link message when you try to verify, here are some measures you can take to retry:
- Log in using a different web browser
- If you're using Firefox, please disable Enhanced Tracking Protection — this feature may block verification for your device
- Log in again and allow 15 minutes for a new verification link to arrive. If you try logging in during that 15-minute window, it will expire the first verification link
- Check that you're using the most recent link we've sent you
- Make sure you're verifying on the same device you are attempting to access your account on (i.e., verify on your desktop if you want to log in on your desktop)
I lost access to my email address and can't verify my device
If you have an old email on file or cannot access your email to verify your device, please reach out to our Support team for further assistance. Note that we will need to verify your identity before we can take any action on your account.
SMS 2-factor help
SMS 2-factor not working
If you're not receiving your 2-factor code or the code isn't working, please try these tips — try logging in after each:
- Turn your phone off and on and reattempt login. This may help push the text through
- Turn on airplane mode on your mobile device for about 10 seconds. Then turn your phone off and back on
If you're still unable to log in and you haven't changed phone numbers or carriers, please reach out to our Support team with the following information:
- A screenshot of the SMS confirmation page (this will generally contain a partial phone number)
- Your current location
- The complete phone number, with country code
I no longer have access to the phone number
If you no longer have access to the phone number you used for 2-factor authentication, please reach out to our Support team.
Make sure to write in using or referencing the email address linked with your Patreon account. We’ll verify your identity by asking some security questions before we can take any action on your account.
Authenticator app 2-factor help
If you're having issues with your 2-factor authenticator app, refer to the backup 2-factor recovery codes we provided when you enabled 2-factor. These were made available to you through a pop-up message immediately after enabling 2-factor authentication, with a suggestion to save them in a safe spot.
I no longer have access to the authenticator app/backup codes
If you no longer have access to the authenticator app/backup codes you used for 2-factor authentication, please get in touch with our Support team.
Make sure to write in using or referencing the email address linked with your Patreon account. Note that we need to verify your identity before we can take any action on your account.
I think my account was hacked
If you suspect your account was compromised, we recommend requesting a password reset with the steps above. We suggest changing your password for other account logins, especially if you've reused passwords.
If you received an unrecognized device verification request, please check this help center article.