- Email or password not working
- Device verification issues
- SMS 2-factor login isn’t working
- "Account already exists"
If your email or password is not working
Make sure you are logged out and then use password reset. If you receive the message that an account with that email does not exist, enter possible email addresses you own. When you get the message that we’ve sent a reset link, you’ll know your login email.
Check your Facebook, Google, or Apple app account settings in case you’ve used these third-party login options instead.
If you’re not receiving the password reset email:
- Add email@example.com to your email contact list, and request another reset link
- If you use a private domain, contact your domain host and ask that they add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email safe list
- If you used Facebook, Google, or Apple sign-in to create your Patreon account, you don’t need a password to log in
If you’re unable to verify your device
If the verification link is returning an expired message
- Try logging in again and wait 15 minutes for a new verification link to reach you before retrying.
- Check that you’re using the most recent link we’ve sent you
- Make sure you’re verifying on the same device you are attempting to access your account on (i.e., verify on your desktop if you want to log in on your desktop)
If you’re not receiving the device verification email
- Add email@example.com to your email contact list, and then log in again to trigger another verification link to send
- If you are using a personal domain, contact your domain host and ask that they add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email safe list
SMS 2-factor authentication isn’t working
- Check that the SMS code you are entering is correct and current
- If you’ve requested a resend several times, wait 15 minutes before trying again
- Reach out to your mobile carrier and have them check that all texts are sending
Account already exists message
You may have requested that we disable your account in the past. You can either create an account with an alternate email address or reach out to our support team, and we’ll be able to help you clear this up.