Go live with Vimeo Livestream and give patrons an exclusive experience.
Set up a Patreon exclusive Livestream with Vimeo:
- While logged into your Patreon account, click on the Posts button from the creator navigation on the left-hand side
- Click on New from the menu
- Click the Livestream button
- Click the Use Vimeo button
- Click the Create a patron-only Vimeo Livestream link
- Authenticate your Vimeo Premium account or create a new one
- We’ll direct you to Vimeo’s live video creation flow. Here you can use all of Vimeo’s Livestream features like; Live Q&A, polling, moderation tooling, etc.
- Create your live event! Here’s Vimeo’s guide to creating a live event
- Copy the Livestream URL from the Event tab of the Live Settings Page on Vimeo
- Paste the Livestream URL into the textbox of your new post creator
- Add your post title, any other relevant post information, your tags, and specify “who can see this post?”
- Once you’ve filled out your post details, you can schedule to publish it later (default setting) or publish it right away if you’re ready to go live!
How will patrons know about my Livestream?
Once your Livestream post is published, it will populate on eligible patrons’ feeds on both web and mobile. After your Livestream ends, your post will appear as an embedded Vimeo video with expected video playback functionality.
Is Livestreaming right for me?
Exclusive Livestream events are a valuable experience that can help keep and draw in new patrons. Here are some examples of experiences you can offer with Livestreaming:
- Host a live Q&A session with patrons
- Put on an intimate, patron-only concert
- Give real-time life updates
- Host a live podcast recording
- Insert awesomely creative live event here...
Is Vimeo Livestreaming free?
Vimeo Livestreaming is currently available for Vimeo Premium accounts. Receive 10% off of your 1st year of Vimeo Premium when you sign up through Patreon.
What if I can’t get Vimeo Premium?
If you have any paid Vimeo account — Plus or above — you can use our video integration to upload patron-only exclusive content, safe from link-sharing.
If you have a free Vimeo account, you can still publish your videos on Patreon. Simply upload your video directly to Vimeo and grab the URL directly from Vimeo and paste the link into the Video post creator.
Here’s our guide to using Vimeo to share your videos on Patreon: Upload your videos with Vimeo