When you become a member to a creator who is charging per post, you have the option of setting a monthly limit to your payments. This prevents you from being charged more than you're comfortable with, if the creator makes several paid posts in a given month.
This article will go over two ways that you can add a monthly limit:
- Setting a monthly limit when you confirm your membership
- Setting a monthly limit while your membership is already active
Setting a limit when you first confirm your membership
After clicking Become a Member to a per-post creator and choosing your tier, you will be brought to a membership confirmation page where you can set a monthly limit:
- Select the I'd like to set a monthly limit button
- Enter the maximum number of posts you'd like to support in a given month at your membership amount (e.g. 2 times per month at my £10 amount is £20 max). This number indicates how many times you can be billed in a month, not the total monthly amount
- Click the Update button to confirm
You’ll only ever be billed up to your monthly limit in a given month.
Setting a monthly limit while your membership is already active
You can set up a monthly limit to your membership at any time. You can also edit or remove your monthly max if you wish.
Follow the steps below to set a monthly limit after you’ve already confirmed your membership:
- Click the Settings link from the left sidebar navigation
- Then click on the Active memberships link from the menu bar
- Click the Edit link for the membership
- On the following page, select the I'd like to set a monthly limit button. In the field that appears, enter the maximum number of times you'd like to be billed in a given month. This number indicates how many times you can be billed in a month, not the total monthly amount
- Click the Update button to save the change and your monthly limit will be set up