When you become a patron to a creator, they'll often have different perks, or “benefits" they've crafted just for your Tier. This is their way of thanking you for being a part of their community.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through some of the common ways that creators share benefits, including:
- My membership section
- Benefits in posts
- Discord roles as a benefit
- Finding my RSS link if a creator offers this feature
- What do I do if my creator stops delivering benefits
My membership section
The My membership section of your creators’ menubar is your go to place for benefits that are delivered directly on Patreon. It’s where you can access things like your private RSS link and connect to Discord if your creator offers these benefits.
There are a few different ways that you can view your creators’ posts:
- Your feed while logged in via desktop
- Directly from the Posts section of your creator's page
- If you have the enabled, we’ll send you emails alerting you to new posts.
Where can I get my Discord role?
If you’re running into any issues with finding your creator’s server with your role, .
Where can I get my custom audio RSS link for my creator?
If your creator has our Audio RSS feed feature enabled for patrons, you can find your customer RSS link via email when you confirm your membership.
If your creator enables this feature after you’ve become their patron, don’t worry, you’ll still have a link generated for you— find your custom RSS link on the My membership page for your creator.
Need more assistance? We’ve created this guide to help you subscribe using your RSS link.
What do I do if a creator didn't deliver the benefit or stopped posting content?
- Investigate the creator’s other content distribution channels. Some creators post their creations on Patreon, but sometimes they do it through other websites or services. If you don’t find anything on Patreon you may want to search around first.
- Contact the creator. It's possible that they forgot to send out a specific benefit, or maybe they have a good reason for not creating anything recently. Reaching out can be a good way to get information if they haven’t provided any. .
- Ask the creator for a refund. If you feel that you haven’t received your money’s worth, you can always ask the creator for a refund. They are not obligated to provide a refund, but you can always ask and the creator can make the decision to refund your most recent pledge.
- Cancel your membership. If you can’t get in touch with the creator, or if you don’t think they have a good reason for not creating anything recently, then we suggest you your membership. Once you remove your membership, you'll receive an exit survey that goes directly to the creator, so feel free to give a reason for why you're deleting your membership!
Here are a few steps we do not suggest taking:
- Ask Patreon for a refund. Patreon will not grant refunds for a creator that is not producing content or delivering benefits. As mentioned above it is difficult to judge the creative output of a creator and we do not want to impose our judgment here. Learn more about our refund policy .
- Continue to support the creator if you are not happy with them. If you don’t believe the creator is worthy of support, then please do not continue to support them and expect a refund at some point in the future.