Accepted payment methods
- Master Card
- Diners Club
Do you accept prepaid cards?
We currently do not accept prepaid Visa, Mastercard, or American Express Giftcards. Prepaid giftcards that do not accept international or subscription payments will not be accepted.
Selecting your local currency during checkout
To change your currency settings on a new pledge:
- At checkout, under "summary," you’ll see an option for Currency.
- Click Change.
- Here, you’ll be given the option to select your choice of supported currency.
- Your pledge amount will automatically update.
- Click Confirm to make your pledge.
Updating your existing pledge
- On Patreon.com, hover over your avatar in the top right of your screen.
- Click Manage memberships.
- Choose the creator you want to update your pledge for, and click Edit.
- Under Currency, choose your preferred currency.
- Click Update to save your settings.
Frequently asked questions
When you change currencies this will be updated upon your next billing and reflected in your next billing statement. If you upgrade or downgrade at the same time, any price differences will be calculated and displayed during checkout.
How does my currency affect the price I see on Patreon?
When pledging to a creator who operates and sets prices in a currency other than your preferred currency, Patreon converts the tier price for you using a conversion based on historical exchange rate data. You can read more about how we calculate the exchange rate here.
How currency works if you’re paying by credit or debit card.
Credit and debit card transactions on Patreon are currently accepted in our supported currencies. If you’re viewing the site in one these supported checkout currencies, the entire checkout process will be in that currency. Otherwise the currency displayed will be the creator’s currency.
How currency works if you’re paying with PayPal.
Similarly, if you pay through PayPal, and you’re viewing the site in one these supported checkout currencies, the entire checkout process will be in that currency. Otherwise the currency displayed will be the creator’s currency.