As a global company based in the United States with operations in other countries, we must comply with economic sanctions and trade restrictions, including those implemented by the Office of Foreign Assets Control ("OFAC") of the U.S. Department of the Treasury. This means that Patreon cannot take part in transactions that involve designated people, places, or items that originate from those places, as determined by agencies like OFAC.
Location and Account Information
This sanctions policy applies to you regardless of your location.
You must provide true and accurate information about yourself and your country of residence when you create or update your Patreon account or page. Providing us with false information may result in the termination of your account or page.
We must comply with the economic sanctions and trade restrictions of all of the countries we operate in. These restrictions generally prohibit transactions involving:
- Certain geographic areas, such as Crimea, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, and Syria, or any individual or entity operating or residing in those places;
- Individuals or entities identified on sanctions lists such as OFAC’s Specially Designated Nationals (“SDN”) List - click this link here to visit, or Foreign Sanctions Evaders (“FSE”) List - click this link here to visit.
In order to protect our community, we take measures to ensure compliance with these regulations including, but not limited to:
- We prohibit access to Patreon while in certain geographic locations.
- Creators are generally not allowed to offer benefits that originate from sanctioned areas.
- We may request additional information from you, or ask you to take other measures to help us meet compliance obligations.
- If we have reason to believe you are operating your account from a sanctioned location, such as any of the places listed above, or are otherwise in violation of any economic sanction or trade restriction, we may suspend, terminate or take other action on your account.
- You are also prohibited from using Patreon for the benefit of any organization, entity or person identified on a sanctions list.
Other countries may have additional trade restrictions and certain items may not be allowed for export or import under international laws. You should consult the laws of any jurisdiction when a transaction involves international parties. For legal advice, please consult a qualified professional.
Our payment partners, such as PayPal, Visa, and Mastercard may independently monitor financial transactions for sanctions compliance and may block transactions as part of their own compliance programs. Patreon has no authority or control over the independent decision-making of these providers.
Economic sanctions and trade restrictions are updated frequently and may result in changes in our ability to work with you or there may be additional restrictions on benefits that can be provided.