RSS links rely on 3rd party apps, so patrons may run into a few hiccups while trying to listen to your podcast. Below is a list of the common errors and how Patreon’s product support team troubleshoots them with patrons.
Common RSS errors and resolutions
If new episodes are no longer appearing or updating in their podcast app
- Uninstall and reinstall your podcast app.
- Unsubscribe and resubscribe using the same custom RSS link that appears in your My membership section of the creator’s page.
- Refresh the feed on your podcast app. Many apps utilize the pull-down feature to refresh the feed, or provide a button to refresh.
If they are receiving the error message “URL/server cannot be found”
The RSS link may have been mistyped or miscopied which typically causes this error in the app. Let the patron know that the URL might have a typo or missing a character when typing. Then advise the patron to copy/paste the RSS link again in their podcast player.
If patron cannot find the My Membership tab of your creator page
They can find the My Membership tab by going to your creator page:
Not finding the RSS link under My Membership when it should be there?
They should try refreshing their page, clearing cache, or accessing the My Membership tab using an incognito browser.
If troubleshooting steps don’t work
We recommend trying a different podcast app or RSS feed reader to subscribe as not all RSS apps support every RSS link. To find out which ones work the best, you can review our article about how to use your custom audio RSS link. If this still doesn't work, let us know as it may be a problem with the feed itself.
Where do patrons copy and paste their RSS link?
Instructions on how to do this are on this guide on how to use your custom audio RSS.
RSS troubleshooting in the Patreon App
These are the general troubleshooting steps if your patron is having issues listening to the episodes within the Patreon App.
- Power off and then restart your device.
- Log out of your account on the Patreon app.
- Uninstall and then reinstall the Patreon app (latest versions linked below):
If you're in an area with lower reception, try connecting to WiFi, which could result in some improvement.