Common RSS errors and resolutions
If new episodes are no longer appearing or updating in their podcast app
- Uninstall and reinstall your podcast app.
- Unsubscribe and resubscribe using the same custom RSS link that appears in your My membership section of the creator’s page.
- Refresh the feed on your podcast app. Many apps utilize the pull-down feature to refresh the feed, or provide a button to refresh.
If they are receiving the error message “URL/server cannot be found”
The RSS link may have been mistyped or miscopied which typically causes this error in the app. Let the patron know that the URL might have a typo or missing a character when typing. Then advise the patron to copy/paste the RSS link again in their podcast player.
If patron cannot find the My Membership tab of your creator page
Not finding the RSS link under My Membership when it should be there?
If troubleshooting steps don’t work
We recommend trying a different podcast app or RSS feed reader to subscribe as not all RSS apps support every RSS link. To find out which ones work the best, you can review our article about how to use your custom audio RSS link. If this still doesn't work, let us know as it may be a problem with the feed itself.
Where do patrons copy and paste their RSS link?
RSS troubleshooting in the Patreon App
- Power off and then restart your device.
- Log out of your account on the Patreon app.
- Uninstall and then reinstall the Patreon app (latest versions linked below):