Early access posts are a way to share work with your members before it goes live on Patreon.
Creating an early access post
- While logged in to your creator account, click on the Create button from the left-hand side of your creator menu
- If you also sell digital products via Commerce, you’ll need to select the Post option from the Create menu
- Draft your post as you normally would
- Click the Next button to set your post options. Let us know to whom you’d like the post to be viewable (required). You can add your post to an existing or new collection by clicking Add to collection section. Learn more about creating a collection.
- Toggle the Early access button
- Choose the date and time (must be at least 24 hrs in the future) you’d like your post for everyone to view — these Patreon posts can be viewed by anyone who has a link to your page
- You can publish your post immediately for members, or schedule it to publish later (details below)
Scheduling an early access post to publish later
- Select the Schedule post checkbox
- Set a publish date and time. Be sure to select a date before your post will be available for everyone so that the early access feature serves its purpose
- Click the Schedule button and you’re all set!
How will my members be notified of the early access post?
If they have email notifications enabled for posts, your members will receive an email about the early access post (if they have access).
Once the post goes to everyone on the date you set, all other members and followers will get an email notifying them they can view the post if they have email notifications enabled.
Can I set an early access post for higher tiers and then lower tiers?
Early access posts can only go from certain tiers/all members access to available to everyone.
What if I decide to release the post early to the public?
If you’d like to release an early access post to the everyone ahead of the scheduled public date, you can update the post by clicking edit. You can then make the post available to everyone. That simple 🙂
Once you make an early access post visible to the everyone, you won’t be able to make the post early access again. So be sure that you're ready to have the post accessible to everyone.
How can I schedule a post if I only have access to the Patreon app at the moment?
If you'd like to set up an early access post and are creating your post on the go, you can create your post on the Mobile web version (i.e. Chrome, or Firefox) of Patreon to schedule your early access post. Alternatively, draft your post in the app (we’ll autosave your edits), and revisit your post to add early access on Desktop, or Mobile web at a later time. Learn more about scheduling your posts.