We understand that the editing process is never truly finished. There are a couple of ways that you can edit, or delete posts from your page if you're having second thoughts.
In this article, we’ll cover:
- Editing/deleting a post on desktop
- Editing/deleting a post from the Patreon app
- A message for per creation creators
Editing or deleting a post on desktop
- While logged in, click the Posts button
- Then click on Published
- Locate the post and click the Edit or Delete button, depending on what you’d like to do
Alternatively, you can:
- Locate the post you want to delete on your feed
- Click the Edit or Delete post button at the bottom of the post (above the comment section)
- If you’re editing a published post, be sure to click the Save button to make your changes live
Editing or deleting a post on the Patreon app
- While logged into your creator account on the app, Tap on the Posts icon from the bottom menu
- Locate and tap on the post you want to make changes to
- Tap the more menu in the top right corner (3 dots)
- Tap on Edit or Delete, depending on what you’d like to do
- Once you’re done with your edits, tap the Next button
- You can update/add tags, and change who can see this post
- Tap Save
Are you a per creation creator?
If you've checked the option to charge patrons for a post and delete that post within the same month, any pending bills for patrons will be deleted. This means any patrons with pending bill(s) for a paid post will not be charged if you delete your post within the same month it was created.
Additionally, if you've published a post as unpaid, you cannot edit the post to retroactively bill patrons. If you forgot to select the option to charge patrons, we recommend deleting the post, and creating a fresh post – don't forget to select to charge patrons.