Patreon should be a safe space for all creators to share their work. If you notice a patron constantly changing their pledge or spamming your posts, blocking will help!
|What a blocked patron CAN do||What a blocked patron CAN NOT do|
How do I block a patron?
You can block a patron directly at any point, directly from your Relationship Manager. Here are the detailed steps to help you with blocking if need be:
- While logged in to your creator account, click on the Patrons link from the left sidebar navigation
- You’ll land on your Relationship manager, where you can locate a specific patron by searching for their Patreon username or email address
- Once you’ve located the patron you’d like to block, click on the patron’s name to expand additional actions in the member details section on the right side of the page
- Click on the More button and then select the Block user option
If the user is not an active patron, they will be removed from your relationship manager but not sent an email notification. If you are blocking someone whom YOU are a patron of, your membership to them will be removed.
A blocked patron cannot become a patron to you again unless you unblock them. To unblock a user:
- Click on the Patrons link from the left sidebar navigation
- Click on the Blocked users link from the menubar to find a complete list of blocked patrons, along with the date you blocked them, and any supplied reasons
- Locate the patron and click the Unblock button by their name
- Confirm in the modal to finalize the unblocking process
Please note that blocking a Patron will also block any accounts connected to the same payment method used, blocking any other accounts they might have.