If you're not yet familiar with Discord, it's an all-in-one voice and text chat app where you can get access to your creator's Patreon-exclusive community. Check out our What is Discord? article to learn more.
Article quick links:
- How to link your Discord account on Patreon
- Joining and leaving a Discord server
- Frequently asked questions
How do I link my Discord account to Patreon?
If you need to create a Discord account, we will guide you through that during this process:
- Log in to your Patreon account
- Click on Settings from the left side menu
- Click on More and then Connected Apps from the menu bar
- Click the Connect button next to Discord under App Integrations
- Enter the email address or phone number you use to log in with Discord and your password and click the Login button
- Click the Authorize button
- You've successfully linked Discord to Patreon! You may need to refresh the page
I’m not getting the pop-up window to log in to Discord
This typically happens if you have an ad blocker or browser extension that is blocking pop-up windows. Please disable these extensions while connecting Discord to Patreon.
Joining and Leaving a creator's Discord server
Once you've connected your Discord and Patreon accounts, any servers you're eligible to join will appear on the Discord Apps settings page. Click the Join server button to get your role.
If at any point you'd like to leave the creator's server, you can click the Leave server button to be removed. You can always re-join the server from your Discord app settings latter on.
I connected my Discord account to Patreon, but I’m not on my creator’s Discord server. What should I do?
A: If you’ve connected Patreon and Discord, we recommend disconnecting and reconnecting Discord to Patreon. Before doing so, log out of Discord and clear your cache and cookies to start fresh. Reconnecting will reestablish communication between the two apps. Here's an article to guide you through this: Discord isn’t working for me
If you’re still not finding your creator's server, check that you’re in the correct tier to unlock Discord access. This section of our help center guide will help you confirm your tier: How to check your tier level
How do I know if my creator offers Discord as a benefit for my tier?
A: Check the creator's Patreon page for the Discord logo on your tier description.
I don’t think I have the correct role? I can’t remember what role comes with my tier?
A: If you think you were assigned the wrong role, there are a couple of things you can do to double-check:
- Click the active membership associated with this benefit located on the left side menu on your feed page. On the Creator’s page, click the My Membership button to check if your creator added the Discord role name to the tier description
- Message your creator directly on Patreon — they’ll know which roles they've assigned to which tiers. Learn how to message your creator with this guide: How do I message a creator?