This article will cover how to go about setting up and executing a special offer on your creator page. A special offer is meant to drive additional traffic to your page by setting up a one-time deal for newly pledging patrons in specific tiers. It will go over how to schedule a special offer as well as how the offer will display once it is live. It will cover this and many frequently asked questions about special offers. The feature is available for Premium and Professional creators.
The Special Offers feature is designed to boost your fan engagement and increase your earnings by introducing a benefit that is only available for a limited time.
In this article, we'll go over:
- How to set up a Special Offer
- How to schedule a Special Offer before launching my page
- How would a Special Offer display on my page?
- Additional questions about Special Offers
How do I set up a Special Offer?
- Go to My page and head to your Page editor by clicking on the Page controls “...” button
- Open the Offers link at the top of the page.
- Get inspired, and select what you want to offer for a limited time. In this example, we’re going to offer custom stickers.
- Enter the name of your offer (up to 30 characters) and add a description.
- Set the start date and time of your offer, as well as the end date and time of your offer. Please note that the end time will always default to the top of the next hour.
- Select the tiers that will receive the Special Offer benefit (note that once you select a tier, all tiers above it will be automatically selected—this is to ensure that patrons on higher tiers aren’t incentivized to downgrade)
- If you're shipping a physical Special Offer, like a sticker, you can also add a request for this information to your Tier. Just select the Shipping address box below your Tiers selection. We'll email existing patrons requesting their shipping addresses as soon as your offer goes live.
- Once you’ve entered all details, click on the Schedule Offer button.
- The Special Offer lightning bolt will populate on your creator page for your fans to check as soon as the start date and time arrive.
Note: Special Offers cannot run for more than 60 days. You can only run one Special Offer at a time.
How to schedule a Special Offer before launching my page
If you are an un-launched creator, you have the ability to schedule a Special Offer before launching your page! Follow the steps below to schedule your Special Offer upon launching.
- While on My page, head to your Page editor by clicking on the Page controls “...” button
- Open the Offers link at the top of the page
- Get inspired, and select what you want to offer for a limited time. In this example, we’re going to offer custom stickers
- Enter the name of your offer (up to 30 characters) and add a description
- Set how many days you want your offer to last (between 1 and 60 days). Your Special Offer will be available immediately upon launch of your page. Then, select the tiers that you want to include the offer in
- Don't forget to save your offer by clicking the Update your offer button! You're all set, and your Special Offer will go live as soon as you launch your page
How would a Special Offer display on my page?
Once you have created a new Special Offers benefit and identified which tiers it will be included in, the creator page will show a special illustration with the special offer end date.
What to expect when you have:
- Subscription billing or Charge Up Front:
- Patrons will be added to the Benefit Tracker at the end of the special offer period.
- If a patron cancels their pledge before the end of the special offer period, their benefit will still show in the Benefit Tracker. You can decide whether to fulfill it or not.
- Non-Charge Up Front.
- Benefits will be added to the Benefit Tracker at the beginning of the following month after the special offer ends. For example, if a Special Offer runs through December 2, the benefits will be created on January 1.
- If the Special Offer ends on the 1st of the month, but after the first of the month payment has already been processed, the benefit will be created after the following payment cycle (a month later).
- This feature is not available to Per Post creators.
How can I make sure my Special Offer campaign is a success?
Here are some pro tips:
- Poll your fans to understand what benefit they would like to have as part of a special offer
- Host a quick livestream video announcing the campaign and get people excited. Make sure you do it during a time of the day your fans are usually online
- If you’re offering a physical item, we recommend that you price the item at 3X your cost to fulfill. That way, you’ll cover your time, production, and shipping, with still some earnings left
- Start a count-down on social media, especially during the last days of the special offer
What can I offer?
Here are some of the things other creators have offered: stickers, pins, limited-edition posters, live streams, virtual concerts, mentions in a book/album, special video/song/graphic, recognition at a live event…
Will I need my patron’s shipping address to fulfill the benefits of my special offer?
Select the option to collect new and existing patrons' shipping addresses –– we'll send existing patrons an email asking them to add their shipping address when your offer goes live!