- How to set up a Special Offer
- How to schedule a Special Offer before launching my page
- What will a Special Offer look like on my page?
- Additional questions about Special Offers
How to schedule a Special Offer before launching my page
If you are an un-launched creator, you have the ability to schedule a Special Offer before launching your page! Follow the steps below to schedule your Special Offer upon launching.
- Charge Up Front:
- Patrons will be added to the at the end of the special offer period.
- If a patron cancels their pledge before the end of the special offer period, their benefit will still show in the Benefit Tracker. You can decide whether to fulfill it or not.
- Non-Charge Up Front.
- Benefits will be added to the Benefit Tracker at the beginning of the following month after the special offer ends. For example, if a Special Offer runs through December 2, the benefits will be created on January 1.
- If the Special Offer ends on the 1st of the month, but after the first of the month payment has already been processed, the benefit will be created after the following payment cycle (a month later).
- This feature is not available to Per Post creators.
Q: How can I make sure my Special Offer campaign is a success?
A: Here are some pro tips:
- Poll your fans to understand what benefit they would like to see as part of a special offer
- Host a quick livestream video announcing the campaign and get people excited. Make sure you do it during a time of the day your fans are usually online
- If you’re offering a physical item, we recommend that you price the item at 3X your cost to fulfill. That way you’ll cover your time, production, and shipping, with still some earning left
- Start a count-down on social media, especially during the last days of the special offer
Q: What can I offer?
A: Here are some of the things other creators have offered: stickers, pins, limited-edition posters, live streams, virtual concerts, mentions in a book/album, special video/song/graphic, recognition at a live event…
Q: I will need my patron’s shipping address to fulfill the benefits of my special offer. How can I obtain the shipping address from existing patrons?
A: At the moment, there isn’t an automated way to gather patrons addresses when it hasn’t previously been a requirement of a tier. The best way to do this at the end of a special offer is to group message your patrons in the Relationship Manager, and ask them to Update their pledge.
You can share the following help article with your Patrons to offer steps on how to update their membership: https://patreon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000126286-How-do-I-edit-my-membership-