Exclusive access to your favorite creators and communities from anywhere. Patreon is where you can access exclusive podcasts, videos, art, writing, recipes, courses, music, and more from your favorite creators, and build community with both the creators you love and other fans.
When you join a creator’s Patreon, you unlock access to a world of exclusive posts, a community group chat, and more.
To get started, download the latest version of the Patreon app for your device:
The app has a bottom menu with tabs that help you navigate the app. In this guide, we’ll explain what each tab does and how to use it.
Make sure you follow this guide while in your member profile. You can use the profile switcher to change between your creator and member profile by tapping on your profile picture in the top right corner of the Home tab .
When you log in, you will land on the app home screen. This is where you will find the latest updates across all your memberships.
Updates are grouped by creator, with the most recent updates at the top. You can quickly access each creator’s full content catalog, collections, chats, and more by tapping the creator's profile picture or See more from the home screen.
Quick access to your memberships
You can easily view and manage your memberships from the Home tab
- Tap on the membership icon in the top right corner of the screen, next to your profile picture
- A bottom drawer menu will appear with a list of all your memberships in alphabetical order
- Tap on a membership from this list to go to the full member view of the creator’s Patreon
- Tap your current membership directly under the creator’s Patreon header. Alternatively, you can tap the three dots in the upper right corner of the creator’s Patreon and select Your membership
- At the bottom of the screen, you’ll see an Edit membership button
By selecting the Edit membership button, you can:
- Change membership: Select a different membership option or increase your membership amount for that creator
- Edit payment method: Update or add a new payment method
- Cancel membership: Cancel your membership with the creator. You may still have access to content from your membership for a period of time after you cancel. Learn more about what happens when you cancel
From the app Home screen you can access more actions by tapping on your profile picture at the top right corner. From this screen, you can:
|Edit your profile||Tap on the three dots button on the top right corner of the screen and select Edit profile. This is where you can customize how you show up on Patreon by editing your name, photo, and bio.
Learn more what information you are sharing about yourself to fellow community members
|Switch to your creator profile||Tap the Switch to creator profile button to alternate between your member and creator profiles if you are creating on Patreon. When viewing the app via your creator profile, you can use this same button to Switch to member profile.|
|Access your purchases||Tap on Purchases from the bottom menu to view a list of all your purchases.|
|Access account settings||
Tap Settings from this menu to do the following:
|Get Support||The support screen is where you can consult our help center, submit a support request, and check the version and build of the Patreon app you are currently using.|
|Log out||Select this option to log out of your Patreon account|
The community tab in the bottom menu bar is where you can engage with the communities that are part of your membership in a group chat, or you can use the direct messages feature to send individual messages to the creator.
Here’s how you can join group conversations with other creators and members:
- Tap on the Community tab in the bottom menu bar
- You’ll land on the Chats screen – Here, you can view a list of all the chats you have access to as part of your membership
- If this is your first time joining the creator community, you’ll need to agree with the chat guidelines
- Once you join a chat, you can start typing your message at the bottom of the screen. Once you’re done, tap the arrow on the right side to send!
You can customize how your fellow members see you by tapping on your profile image after engaging with a message and tapping the three dots menu > Edit profile. You can also tap on another member's profile image to see their community profile.
Learn more about how community chats work for members.
If you have an active membership with a creator or you have purchased a creator’s digital product, you can send them a private message directly from the Patreon app.
- Tap on the Community tab in the bottom menu bar
- To access your messages, tap on the Inbox tab in the top right corner –this will take you to your inbox
- You can tap on an existing message to see a past conversation or reply, or tap on the + icon at the top right corner to start a new message thread
The Play tab lives in your bottom menu and is where you can find all audio posts, audio downloads, and audio purchases for easy listening on the go. You can listen to both products and posts on the Patreon audio player.
There are three different sections within the Play tab:
- Up Next: All available audio posts listed in chronological order by date posted
- Downloads: Audio posts that you have downloaded within the app appear in this tab
- Purchases: Audio products purchased from a creator’s shop appear in this tab
Filters are available to toggle between different play states: in progress, unplayed, and played. Use the filter menu in the top right corner of the Play tab to select and apply audio filters.
You can access the Audio post menu located at the top right corner of each audio. This will bring out a drop-down menu with different actions to choose from, including the ability to download, view creator details, and share audio.
Tap the play button next to an audio post to start listening. You can minimize the player so you can still listen to your audio while doing other things in the app.
There are several ways to interact with the player to enhance your listening experience. Learn more on how to use the Patreon audio player.
Notifications highlight what’s new with your favorite creators and their community. You can easily check and manage your notifications by tapping on the Notifications tab from the bottom menu. From this screen, you can see a list of all your in-app notifications, ordered chronologically.
Tap on a notification to view the post, read the comments, or join the chat.
You can manage push notifications and email notifications by tapping the Settings tab at the top right corner of the notifications screen
The Search tab allows you to search for a specific creator or find creators by topic.
- Tap on the Search tab from the bottom menu bar
- Search for a specific creator by typing their Patreon name in the search bar at the top of the screen or search for creators by popular topics
- Tap a popular topic to see a list of the most relevant creators within those categories
Creators who have marked their Patreon as adult content do not appear in search results in the Patreon app due to age restrictions. To find a creator with adult content, you may use your internet browser to locate their Patreon.
Home for every creator
You can visit a creator’s individual Home screen to view and interact with all available posts from that creator, get access to creator-curated Collections, participate in Chats, and more. Tap on a creator’s profile image from the app Home screen, your Memberships list, or Search results to dive into this full view of everything available from an individual creator.
Check the table below for all the actions you can take on a creator’s Home screen:
|Home||The creator's Home tab is where you’ll find all the creator's posts ordered chronologically by post date. Tap into posts to interact, view comments, and join the conversation.|
|Collections||If you're a member of a creator who has collections, you can tap on the Collections tab to browse through collections of their work.|
|Chats||From the Chats tab, you can easily access all chats from that creator that are available as part of your membership.|
|Search posts||If you are searching for a specific post, tap on the search icon at the top right corner of the screen:
|More options||When on the creator Patreon, tap the three dots menu at the top right corner to access the following:
Adjusting your mobile device settings in your phone to “dark” will automatically apply Dark Mode to the Patreon app on Android and iOS.
Choose your app icon (iOS)
Available on the latest version of the Patreon iOS app, creators and fans can now select a version of the Patreon app icon that best represents their style. Here’s how to customize your app icon on iOS:
- From your Home screen tap on your profile image in the top right corner
- Tap on your Settings
- Tap on Choose your app icon
- Browse the selection and tap on the one that resonates with you